REGISTER ONLINE: http://www.naturalbreastfeeding.com/event/
Conference Speakers and Talks
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8
Nils Bergman, MD, MPH, PhD: "Perinatal Neuroscience" and "Neurodevelopmental Approach to Breastfeeding the Neonate"
Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC, FILCA & Theresa Nesbitt, MD: "Understanding Breastfeeding Behaviors"
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC: "Everything Old Is New Again"
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9
Theresa Nesbitt, MD: "Neurology of the Newborn: The Pressure Buttons and Early Breastfeeding"
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC: "Sleeping Together: History, Biology, Politics"
Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC, FILCA & Theresa Nesbitt, MD: "Breastfeeding Education and Tools: There’s a Better Way"
Catherine Watson Genna, BS, IBCLC: "Facilitating Infant Competence: Hand Use During Latch" and "The Non-Latching Infant"
Location: Livonia, Michigan. Registration brochure HERE.
Register online HERE
- Nipple Pain & Trauma
- Infant Illness & Chronic Conditions
- Helping Mothers Who Exclusively Pump
- Milk Sharing: From Milk Banks to Craigslist
- Unusual Infant Anatomy
- Breastfeeding & Substance Abuse
Overcoming Barriers to Breastfeeding Success
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is for obstetric and pediatric hospital and office nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, lactation consultants, physicians, breastfeeding counselors, WIC peer counselors, midwives, doulas and other professionals who assist the breastfeeding family.
- learn ways to help transition infant to the breast including positioning and tools
- describe normal milk production and ways to resolve low production
- identify differences in various types of milk sharing: risks vs. benefits
- list causes, symptoms and treatment for deep breast pain
- discuss issues regarding breastfeeding guidance for mothers who
- are using or have used addictive drugs